I just had to reload a Dell inspiron mini 10v and boy is there ever a odd issue with the 1510 wireless. As pointed out on dell’s fourms:
Well it seems for me the fix was to :
1. Click on Start > Run and in the Open: field enter compmgmt.msc, then click on the OK button.
2. Click on Device Manager .
3. In the right pain select Network Devices.
4. Right click on Dell wireless 1510 Wireless-N WLAN Mini-Card.
5. Select Properties.
6. The Properties dialog box should appear.
7. Click on the Advanced tab.
8. Select AP Compatibility Mode and change value to Broader Compatibility
9. Select IBSS Mode and change value to 802.11 a/b/g/n Auto
10. Click OK button
You should now be able to connect to access points on channels other than 6.